“OVEC-IKEC strives to become the provider of choice in the competitive marketplace by engaging hard working employees to create a culture that is committed to zero harm, operational excellence, and continuous lean improvement.”


Ohio Valley Electric Corporation (OVEC) and its wholly owned subsidiary, Indiana-Kentucky Electric Corporation (IKEC), collectively, the Companies, were organized on October 1, 1952.  The Companies were formed by investor-owned utilities furnishing electric service in the Ohio River Valley area and their parent holding companies for the purpose of providing the large electric power requirements projected for the uranium enrichment facilities then under construction by the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) near Portsmouth, Ohio.

Clifty Creek

Clifty Creek Generating Station is a 1.3-GW coal-fired power station located in Madison, Indiana, USA.  Five of its six identical units began operating in 1955, and the sixth unit was launched in 1956.

Kyger Creek

Kyger Creek Generating Station is a 1.1-GW coal-fired power station located in Cheshire, Ohio, USA.  Launched into service in 1955, the plant is located downstream along the Ohio River.

System Office

The System Division is the corporate headquarters and is located in Piketon, Ohio, USA.